Sunday, May 5, 2013

Saikou no Rikon ep.1

Here is my review of the first episode of Saikou no Rikon. It was my most anticipated title for this season since it has many actors that I like a lot!


Synopsis (from DramaWiki):

The story begins with a husband and wife caught in the middle of their usual round of bickering and bantering. They cannot come to understand the other's personality or actions as they constantly fight on a regular basis...but despite that, they could not, however, come to part their ways. But one day, after an incident occurs the wife informs the husband that she had "submitted the divorce papers." The former husband and wife, or rather strangers to each other now, somehow end up continuing to live together under one roof...On the other hand, another couple has discovered a "hidden shocking truth." Their marriage seemed to be a happy one but was it really!? What does "marriage" mean? What does it mean to be a "husband and wife"? Watch closely as these two couples become lost in an indescribable complicated relationship, developing in between marriage and divorce. It's the life-sized love comedy you've been waiting for.

Cast:


My impressions:

I have a lot of hope for this drama. It has a great cast ( I am quite a fan of Ono Machiko, Eita and Ayano Go). When I saw it first, I was really exited!

The first episode has gotten me to think. I am recently thinking a lot about why so many couples break up. Why so many parents are getting divorced? This series Saikou no Rikon means the best divorce. Thinking about divorce makes me quite depressed. I really wonder what this drama is about.

The first episode is an introduction to the characters and setting. Not much action happened. It is going at a very slow pace. I do not know if this is the case for the other episodes as well. It did not bother me much, the characters were interesting. It is different than any drama I've watched before, because the couples are already formed at the beginning. This is an interesting twist. When I think about it, 90% of drama starts with no formed couples, every one is single. It's quite unrealistic. When I watched Saikou no Rikon, I thought that it had a realistic feeling, more than what I am used to.

This drama will probably be about the 4 main characters' couple life. It is however presented in a more mature, adult and realistic way. The first episode is very slow paced, however it is an opening to a story with a lot of potential. The acting was also very good so far. I will definitely complete this series.

































No comments:

Post a Comment