Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Ghost Mama Sousasen review

I will be reviewing Ghost Mama Sousasen. I have completed this series, from the summer 2012 season, so this will be a full review :).


Synopsis ( from DramaWiki):

Nakama plays Uehara Choko, a police woman working at a Community Safety Department. Uehara has a very bright and obliging personality and cannot look away when other people are in trouble. She’s living a happy family life together with her husband (Sawamura Ikki), her daughter Aoi (Shida Mirai), and her son Tonbo (Kimino Yuma).

One day, she suddenly dies. However, since she’s too worried about her cowardly son, she cannot go to heaven just yet and returns to the world as a ghost. Although she originally became a ghost in order to be with her son again, her great skills as a police woman soon make rounds throughout the world of ghosts who now seek her help in order to free them from their regrets.

Together with her son, she’s now out to to catch various atrocious criminals in order to settle those old cases. It’s a criminal and human drama in which the characters experience personal growth with each case, mixed with a certain amount of fantasy and comedic elements.

Cast:

Those 2 are acting together again!

My review:

Story

Ghost Mama Sousasen means Ghost mom criminal investigation. This pretty much summarize the main story. Nakama Yukie plays as a mom that unfortunately becomes a ghost. She was a police officer. Even as a ghost, she continues her duties as a police officer and solves crimes. Her young son, however, is the only one who can see her. You might think this sounds like a crime solving drama, where in each episode they solve a different crime. I thought so too! I was wrong, this drama is a family drama with a little bit of crime solving. It is a story about why and what we do if we find ourselves as a ghost. This was rather unexpected, because from the first episode it makes you think it is a crime solving drama.

The story was not too complicated because it is aimed to be watched with the whole family. It is light and simple but enjoyable. I thought that it was an easy watch when I had a long day. Even the crimes were also very simple. I do not recommend this if you were looking for a serious crime solving drama (like the title of the drama could imply). Even though it was quite simple, I thought it was entertaining. This drama is special in a way that it blends naturally light crime solving with family and also a little bit of comedy. I got also very emotional at times. I think they did a good job with that.

On a negative side, I thought that this drama could have gone a little bit deeper into the story. But, this is expected if this is a drama aimed for the whole family. By deeper, I mean I would of loved to see more into romantic relationships or more serious crimes solving by example.

Acting

There is nothing too extraordinary here. The roles and characters were quite simple and the acting was fitting. 

Music

Almost at all times,I did not notice any music when I was watching this. I felt often that it was missing any kind of background music. There was the music ending theme playing from time to time by Aqua Timez.

*sidenote: I watched this while commuting in the bus with earbuds. It is possible I could not appreciate the music because of that. 

Recommendation 

If you enjoyed Ghost Mama Sousasen a lot, I know exactly which drama you should watch! And that is 11nin mo iru!.11nin mo iru! is a family and comedy drama with a more emphasis on poverty and a big family. In this drama, the ex-wife (husband got remarried) is a ghost, and only the youngest son can see her. It does not have any mystery and it is more crazy (because it's Kudo Kankuro).


No comments:

Post a Comment