Saturday, April 6, 2013

Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho De ep.1

I have completed Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho de, ep.1 and here are my thoughts of this first episode.




Synopsis (from DramaWiki) : 

The drama is based on the best-selling serial novels by Nonami Asa, about the lives of two ex-convicts after their release from jail. Komoriya Hako took the rap for her first love, and was sent to jail for seven years. Eguchi Ayaka was serving time for killing her abusive husband. The two met in jail and became fast friends. Ayaka drew strength from Hako's innocence, and regained her will to live. She was released earlier than Hako, as she only had to serve five years, and went on to work at a bakery in Yanaka, Tokyo.
Hako's family had disowned her, and wishes nothing to do with her. She moves into her dead grandmother's little place in Yanaka. With each other's support, both Ayaka and Hako start to rebuild their lives.

Cast:


My impressions :

I had no idea what to expect when I started watching this. This is the story of the two main characters, who just got released from prison. I am not very good with depressing stories and the first episode was quite sad. However, I have a feeling that this drama will be about how the life of the main characters grow after the worse period of their life. They have lived the worse before and now they see, little by little, the good of everything. They don't take everything for granted anymore, a little kind action starts meaning much more now. It is quite interesting to see. The name of the drama means "Someday, some place where the sun shines", which tells us that probably this drama will be about hope and getting stronger after this sad life event. Like already mentioned, this is usually not my type of drama ( I prefer romantic, comedies and mystery drama), but I am still curious about what could happen next and I might continue watching this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment